Friday, January 11, 2013

{Post #80} Baby Quilt for Keith


Yesterday AM I started my grandson-yet-to-be-born's baby quilt.  The baby's name is Keith.  

I have always loved kaleidoscope/stack 'n whack quilts.  I just forgot how much.

I should have taken a picture of the original print, before I cut it up into bits.  Yesterday I went to get more for the borders because I did not have enough.  The print is soooo large that I had to waste a lot more of it to get the motifs I needed.  Fortunately, they did have the same animals in the same colors in a smaller print.  Crisis averted.

Here are my blocks so far.  The ones on the green cutting mat are pieced into half blocks.  The ones on the striped ironing board cover are just lying there...the motive and 2 corner trianges are sewn on, but the blocks are not pieced at all.  

Her nursery theme is tigers.

I dare you to pick ONE favorite!















2 comments:

  1. No way could I pick a favorite -- those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I just love these blocks - they make me smile. Great job!

    ReplyDelete