Saturday, December 15, 2012

{Post #75} Money Box


It's a wonder I get anything finished!  Every decision I make is monumentous to me.  Just today, my husband and I finally talked through our children's Christmas gift list.  We decided to spend $65 on each child.  We are giving "just" the money to two of our kids.  One of them is getting a tiny something from us, so we will give her a check soon.  The other has a peculiar habit of getting his extra money in one-dollar bills and putting it in his safe.  I asked him why he did that.  He said it looked like more that way.  

So here is what I did for his $65 in cash.  I got 65 one-dollar bills from the bank.  I emptied out a boutique tissue box and saved 3 of the tissues.  Then I taped the bills to a toilet paper roll (which happens to fit perfectly in the box) and rolled the bills up.  I taped the last one to the third tissue and carefully placed the roll then the tissues in the box.  From all appearances, it looks like a regular box of tissues.  I'm going to write "Don't blow it all in one place" and print it on to make a label for the box.  I hope he finds it humorous!




2 comments:

  1. That is perfect! What tricky parents. I'm sure t will be remembered for a long time. It kind of reminds me of a trick that was played on me. I had been saving Altoid tins because I thought I might be able to use them for things, decorate them, etc. However, I had never gotten around to it, so my pile of tins was taking up a desk drawer. When our son/DIL came for a visit, they put Altoid tins with only one mint in them in various places and hid the full tins that I had in places around the house (kitchen, one by the computer, one in the living room, etc.), but they changed the actual spot. When I wanted a mint, the tin wasn't where I usually kept it and when I did find it, there was only one left! It took me a little while to figure out they were playing a trick on me. Eventually, I threw the tins all away, but now, I am saving them again and for Halloween I sent the grandkids a decorated tin containing candy corn. For Christmas, I decorated one for my oldest GD and filled it with buttons (she takes after me in her love of them). It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea! One Christmas MONEY is all my girls asked for. So? We gave it to them. They were very disappointed. So we don't do that anymore - except for like "big ticket" items. Since I wouldn't know the exact item to buy, I give the MONEY on a gift card for them to spend how they want to.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete