Sunday, December 30, 2012

{Post #76} 2013 Ornament?


Saw one of these on Pinterest and made my own.  Very simple.  Sewing the seed beads on was kind of tedious, but only because they are so small.  I am going to take off the brown button and perhaps sew the front to the back with a decorative red sewing machine stitch to add a little color to the front. 

Three strands of brown embroidery floss for the trunk and branches, two strands for the needles.  Various seed beads sewn on all over.  Pearl seed beads for the falling snow and pile of snow at tree base.


Size wise, the felt circles for the front and back are the outside line of a canning jar lid.  I cut a piece of batting using the line that is the center of the lid.

I've been in bed with the flu all day yesterday and most of today.  My married daughter and her husband are here, so the bedriddenness really super stinks.  I'm hoping to be up a little bit today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment