Monday, December 2, 2013

{Post #99} Machine Quilting Finished for Buckeye Queen


I finished the machine quilting on this tonight.  It only took a couple of hours.  I used a swirl pattern, and it moved right along.  I had a tension issue that meant some unsewing, but it was not too bad.  I love it!

I want to start the binding, but will wait until tomorrow.  Did all our laundry today and want to get it put away like a good girl.  Hee hee.

This pattern is called Buckeye Queen.  It's because the designer's sister used to make all in her family Buckeye candies for Christmas.  One never knows where a name comes from, huh?

I used navy blue quilting thread since MOST of the quilt is very dark.  One of these is in my future for myself made out of shirts.



4 comments:

  1. Your quilting is gorgeous! It really makes the quilt!! Thank you for sharing your secret with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt! The quilting looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The pinwheels really make the quilt POP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeppers - I had to visit. LOVE your quilting - Yes, "quilting makes the quilt." 8-))) Thanks for the address - I added you to my Reader. I guess since you gave me the secret address, it means none of your projects are coming to my address? LOLOL 8-))

    ReplyDelete