Tuesday, October 11, 2011

{Post #45} B & B Center is Finished!

When one buys fabric according to pattern requirements, there is always so much left over.  So when I bought the fabrics for this quilt (which I affectionately call the B & B quilt--not bed and breakfast...blue and brown!), I got just a teensy bit more than the pattern called for and have plenty of fabric for two more rows, making the center 60" x 70" instead of 44" x 70".  I also got a smackerel more border fabric than it called for and have enough for the bigger quilt, plus the border will be an inch wider.  Win, win!!

I already have the quilting design planned out...one long feather in the zigzag and just meandering in the churn dash blocks. 

Here it is...


I.  love.  it. 

~Joan

5 comments:

  1. Me too (love it, that is). It will look wonderful in my house - can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Joan! When the blue/brown and pink/brown color combinations started to become popular I didn't much care for them. I guess that's because I've never been a fan of the color brown. Over time though, I have come to really like the b/b and p/b colors together and I have to say that I really like the shade of blue you chose for this quilt. Three cheers for another fabulous quilt that you can be proud of :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love it too! Someday I need to make a zig zag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. Love how it's off-set...which makes the zig zag. I'm like Susan, took awhile for the blue/brown to sink in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blue/brown combination!

    ReplyDelete