Saturday, May 18, 2013

{Post #87} Webbing the Top


I had a bunch of questions about webbing a quilt top.  It is one of the many things I learned from Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.com.  It is a means of picking up one's quilt pieces from the design wall or floor and having them in one stack. It keeps them from getting turned around or mixed up while sewing them together.  After the horizontal rows are sewn, they are attached to the next row down with a couple threads, making it even more difficult to mix them up.  Bonnie's page here explains it perfectly:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/search?q=webbing

I have just two more rows to sew on the center of the quilt, then the cream and the outermost border.

I am also showing the design I intend to quilt in the sawtooth stars.  I have a sashing design picked out and will likely just meander in the star backgrounds.







No comments:

Post a Comment