Friday, June 14, 2013

{Post #89} Quilting on Charming Stars


Here is the beginning of my Charming Stars quilting.  I have done nearly two rows out of the four.  I will go back at the end and do all the inner and outer border quilting.  It's too much back and forth to do it as I roll it up.  

My design is simple.  I like quilts to be supple.  Yesterday I went to a quilt show in a tiny town west of here.  Most of the quilts were STIFF with dense quilting that was magnificent.  So magnificent that the piecing and pattern were overlooked.  I like to showcase the fabrics and pattern.

Here is the design I'm doing in all the blocks.  My formerly drawn pattern has now translated to fabric.  I am doing a ribbon meander around each star with ribbons in the sashing as well.



I will see my sister next month, so I figured I better get crackin' on this.  I did a hooked feather in the outer border. I REALLY like those.  Very easy and so impressive looking.  I did one on here:




No comments:

Post a Comment