Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Post #60} Finders, Winners

My blog post title is a take-off on Finders, Keepers.  If you read my regular non-secret blog, Keeping you in Stitches, you know I just did a huge sewing room rearrange, declutter, discard, etc.  One of the things I found was a stack of 5" '30's prints 9-patch blocks.  Susie really likes these.  I just had to make two more (although we used up all our '30's fabrics on her rail fence quilt, including the backing--well, we thought we did).  


Here is one of the two identical blocks I made:



Here is a favorite block:


The whole center of the top laid out:


I am trying to piece and quilt this while Susie is in South Africa.  She drove to and then flew out of Washington DC last night.  She should be in Paris, France now!  

Her birthday is in November, and I hope to finish this secretly and have it ready to give her then.  

Only one son and I will be home from Saturday until next Sunday.  Can you say take-out?  Hahahahahaha...  You can be sure I will be spending plenty of time at my sewing machine.  I would like to make 5 jumpers for myself then, also.  My wardrobe is getting nastified.  My cotton jumpers are wearing out.  That is a catastrophe of monumental proportions!!

TTFN,
~Joan




No comments:

Post a Comment