Monday, July 30, 2012

{Post #64} Machine Quilting on 9-Patch



I got carried away and started posting on my regular blog.  This AM I started machine quilting Susie's 9-patch quilt.  I am hoping that with continued practice I won't have to think so hard to get some decent quilting done, but I am happy with how this is going.


Here are some pics that speak for themselves.  I am doing a feather in the muslin border, reverse "C"s on the muslin and blue inner borders (treating them as one) and 8-petaled daisies in the cream alternate blocks, extending them into the 9-patches to leave just a little area unquilted.  I like it so far.


The first picture shows feathers on only one side of the "vein" down the center.  The other picture must not have truly been taken.  There will be more to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment