Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Post #61} About Half Pieced!

The 9-patch on point is about half finished.  Not that I'm all that speedy...54/56 blocks were already pieced.  All I did was piece 2 blocks, cut the muslin squares and trianges and put the pedal to the metal.


Here it is...I'll likely finish this as far as I am able tonight.  Tomorrow I am going to get a blue for a thin inner border, backing, and binding.  Will need to determine yardage for this.


This picture includes 3 of the 4 corners for the quilt.  This part will measure 46" x 52" when I am finished.  I was thinking of a muslin border, then a blue strip, then a wider muslin border.  Susie's room is blue.


I've already sort of picked out a quilting pattern, too.  An 8-petaled free motion flower in the cream squares extending out into the 9-patches.




Time for a little nutrition and then some more sewing.  It's my laundry day, so that is in there somewhere, too.


~Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment