Thursday, February 10, 2011

Christmas 2012 Quilt


This is a long-term project I'm making for my sister for Christmas.  I asked her a while ago what colors/patterns/fabrics she liked and she told me this very quilt.  So I cut some pieces to have beside my machine for a leader/ender project.  There are 30 of the blocks with stars as shown above...only 3 have 9-patch centers--the rest have one solid 3-1/2" square piece.  These finish at 6" square.

But I interrupted this quilt to make my daughter's wedding planner a quilt as a thank you.  I want something that doesn't have a TON of piecing but looks like I put some time into it.  Know what I mean?  I am going back and forth between two right now.  I want it controlled scrappy with red as the main color.  Black and cream as the others.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment