Friday, February 4, 2011

Project for Sister

Although I HAVE a huge family with 8 children, I only have one sister.  More quilts for her, right?

I don't have a picture yet, but I started cutting out a quilt for my her last night.  The pattern is called Army Stars and is on the cover of Quilt Sampler magazine (fall/winter 2010). 

I had taken a nap before supper and then could not sleep at bed time.  So I went down to the sewing room and decluttered my sewing table and cut up lots of the scraps into pieces for this quilt. 

Recently I had asked my sister (who lives 12 hours away) what she liked in a quilt.  She told me various block features, colors, patterns, etc.  Then she summed it up by saying that the cover quilt was all of them in one quilt.  She told me to check it out next time I was at a store that sold them.  Unbeknownst to her, I had already purchased the magazine.  The Quilt Samplers have so many wonderful inspirational pictures.

Will get a picture of the pattern on here soon.

~Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment