Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wish I Had Better News

I have been working away on machine quilting the ZigZag stars quilt from a couple posts back.  I wish it was going better.  I have a Sweet Sixteen HandiQuilter.  There is just not enough room to make the quilting work.  The stars on this quilt are HUGE, and I have to keep rolling the quilt back and forth to get to where I need to quilt. 

Here are a few pictures of my work so far.  The "half octopuses" below are hideous, but not enough to rip out and do over.



I am keeping at it, in spite of the hilarity!!  I am micro stippling in the cream areas of all the big stars.  That is so much harder than I thought.  It seems like the machine does not slide on the rails of the frame as easily as it should.  But this type of quilting does make the stars pop out.


Upward and onward...or at least finished some time!

~Mama Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment