Saturday, July 30, 2011

{#37} Hearthside Memories Quilted




Top picture is Hearthside Memories on my quilt frame.  I machine quilted this with a smoky transparent thread.  I did it all today.  This AM was spent putting a blanket stitch around the outer 4 corners' applique.  Then the quilting was done in early afternoon and this evening.  I sewed the binding on by machine as well as the hanging sleeve.  I hope to get those hand-sewn down tomorrow some time.

It has been a challenge to get all these projects done w/o Emily knowing about them.  She left this AM for a visit to see her great Uncle and then my parents in Ohio. 

I love the sewn-into-the-backing labels.  This and the gold fabric backings are definitely my go-to plan from now on.  The blocks I wrote the label info on have a story.  I was making a couple practice blocks for an upcoming surprise.  I wondered how the log cabin blocks would look with a half square triangle in the center instead of the traditional red square.  I didn't like the way these were going (I made two so I could have a leader and an ender).  I didn't even finish them.  Instead of throwing them away, I added them to the center of my back because I ended up needing 6 more inches of length in the backing.  Perfect!

Getting up to take Susie to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow AM.  Good night!!

~Joan

3 comments:

  1. It looks stunning. She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! But, you made one little mistake. My name is JULIE...not Steve and Emily. I'm sure that can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help!!! I'm in love with this quilt! It is so nice.....patterns? Is this a make up one or do you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete