Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wedding Surprise Started for a Friend

Started a little project tonight...these:


Plus these (and a whole lot more):

Will eventually be one of these (click on the "these" to see it).  One of my friend's daughters is getting married in October.  I though since I had a few minutes tonight, I'd get started on my NEW wedding gift for girls in my church that are getting married. 

I used to give a crock pot and recipes from my recipe box specifically for crock pots.  These are one-of-a-kinds!

In the above pics, the top one is after adding 3 logs to my red centers.  No hard-and-fast rules for piecing this.  I have a box of 1-1/2" strips.  I am needing 1-1/4" strips, but instead of cutting a bunch of them, I am trimming off the extra 1/4" when I square them up.

My personal rule is not to add the same log to more than 4 blocks.  There are 16 blocks in this little wall quilt.  That makes enough variety to keep it interesting.  Each new log added is longer, so the chances of getting more than 1-2 on the last round is iffy anyway.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment