Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just Needs A Smackerel of Applique

Just needs the hearts and commas in the outer cream blocks (in the rows with the HSTs).  I am so glad this turned out well. 

I jotted down my own instructions as well as the applique shapes just in case I make this again in the future.  My oldest daughter is not yet engaged, but she has already begun putting in her "quilt order".  One of these has lived in our kitchen for so long that the kids think kitchens are incomplete w/o one.

This measures about 53" square.  It will shrink up a bit when quilted.

Off to start those appliques.  I have been on my feet most of the day, and I'm beat.  I cooked several meals this AM while I was baking cookies for Emily's wedding rehearsal dinner and for the day after that.  Then it has been run, run, run all day.  I'm ready for a good night's sleep (please, Lord?).

~Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment