Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Quilt Gift Started

My Emily (remember--the one who didn't want me to make her any quilts for when she was married?) asked me to make her two more quilts.  I am posting them here for posterity.  I enjoy looking back and seeing the progress.

This is called Hearthside Memories.  There are a couple challenges.  I sort of lost most of the directions.  It was a 5-part installment in a magazine with a grand finale at the end (where else would it be?).

Here is it so far.  The middle...10" square...


Then add on the next blocks.  This is 20" square.



Stay tuned--the next step is appliqueing hearts and green comma-shaped things in the tan blocks between the triangles and adding a one-inch black border.

You can see the one in my own kitchen here (just click on the former word "here" to go to my other blog).

~Joan

1 comment:

  1. I love this - pattern or not - it looks great! Is it all Thimbleberries?

    ReplyDelete