Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blanket Stitching Under Way


I ended up talking with my future SIL last night for a long time and texting my possible-future-SIL before that, so my hand-stitching time was short last night.  I did read a while before I went to bed to relax but did not sleep well.  I kept checking the clock to see how late it was...last number check 4:37...not good.  Our neighbor is putting on a new roof, and as happy as I am for him, I wish he could have done it somewhere else, far, far away.  They started the hammering at 6:30 AM...

Anywho...above is one of the heart/comma appliques stitched.  Did it this morning.  Going to do the other 3 after I go up and shape the roll dough in the bread machine.  Three of my loved ones are coming home this afternoon, and I want to welcome them home with a fantastic meal.

~Mama Joan

2 comments:

  1. If you use a speaker phone you can stitch while you talk. I have some of the heart fabric, but I think it's darker. Do you turn under for blanket stitch applique? I usually don't. Of course, I don't do a lot of applique, but what I do, I usually iron on and machine or hand blanket stitch. Just wondering how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you get so much done in one day amazes me.

    ReplyDelete